Thinking of buying an air compressor? Well, there are a few important things to consider beforehand. With any purchase, doing a little research is always a good idea so you can make an informed decision.
In this blog, we discuss some of the top things you should consider before purchasing an air compressor.
What are air compressors?
Air compressors are found in both domestic and commercial environments. They are a mechanical device what increases the pressure of a gas by reducing its volume, converting power into energy stores by compressed air. They are a very useful piece of equipment whether they’re needed for inflating tyres or in manufacturing applications.
Should you buy a new or used air compressor?
Did you know that you can purchase both new and used air compressors? Though a new compressor may be preferable, there are some situations in which it makes sense to buy a used machine and when you buy from a reliable supplier you can find great deals.
- Since they are brand new you can expect a longer lifespan from your machine.
- If you plan on using the air compressor frequently, opting for something new could be better and reduce the chances of repairs.
- If you need a short term solution for your business, a used compressor can bridge the gap until you upgrade or invest in something newer.
- Only require an air compressor for irregular use? Consider buying a used piece of machinery for a more cost-effective purchase.
- Used compressors are budget friendly for those looking to spend a little less.
At Air Supply, we specialise in the supply of quality used air compressors, holding one of the largest stocks in mainland UK. We stock some of the best industry brands including Atlas Copco, Compair, HPC, Ingersoll Rand, Boge and more. If you need help with servicing and repairs we can help too. All of our service and repairs are performed by certified engineers and ensure that your air compressor remains in the best possible condition and stand the test of time. Get in touch with us today.